MMI can provide a wide range of products for the wholesale market including macadamia kernel, paste and oil.
Macadamias are our core business and we lead the world in quality and reliability. We sell over 40% of the Australian crop as well as sourcing from other growing regions. This enables us to supply substantial quantities of a range of kernel sizes which makes sourcing your macadamia requirements easy
Uses for Macadamia kernel
Macadamia Kernel is used in various market segments including:
- Snacks: Whole and half kernel blends, raw, roasted and roasted and salted or flavoured are packed for sale in retail outlets around the world.
- Ingredients for chocolates: Whole kernels (Style 1) for enrobing, Styles 2 and 4 for macadamia caramel and chocolate clusters, small chips and pieces (Styles 6, 7 & 8) for chocolate bars and toppings. Macadamia Paste, made to specifications for pralines.
- Ingredients for biscuits and cakes: Style 4 macadamias are ideal for large cookies and biscuits. Styles 5, 6 and 7 are excellent for finer, smaller biscuits, granola bars and for inclusion in cakes. Macadamias in a Christmas cake are superb.
- Ingredients for ice cream: The popularity of the candy coated macadamia chip in ice cream has grown tremendously in the USA and Japan. We can supply a variety of kernel sizes that suit this use.
- Ingredients for food service: Awareness of the versatility of macadamias has extended their use into all areas of food service. Restaurants around the world are creating exciting new menu items with macadamias. Style 4, halves, in salads; styles 5 & 6 in desserts and small chips (styles 7 & 8) as toppings for meat and food dishes. Macadamia Meal is used in cakes, for crumb coating of fish and chicken and can be added to seasoning mixes for a subtle flavour.
Macadamias are available in many different sizes that are referred to as Styles. The sections below describe each style and some of their possible uses. Note that sizing may vary slightly between brands. For current sizing specs for each of our products please see the Our Brands section